Baths, more than relaxation!
Yes, soaking in pure water with added herbs, oils and minerals is a wonderful way to relax the mind and body, however did you know it is also excellent for healing and supporting overall health! There are many types of baths that can benefit you, and these are simple natural therapies that can be used in the comfort of your own home, all while relaxing in your bath.
The following are simply a few examples of the different types of baths that can be enjoyed, and some of their health promoting properties that can benefit you. Whether it’s to help your body heal from a condition, or simply support and maintain your overall well-being, I’m certain there is one for you to enjoy!
1. Herbal Baths
Adding herbal preparations to a warm bath can be very effective, as the healing properties of the herbs are delivered through the skin. You can easily prepare a herbal bath by simply putting the herbs directly in the tub (careful that they don’t go down the drain), or you can infuse two litres of your favorite herb, strain and then add the liquid to you hot bath. This creates a nice strong herbal bath without having to call the plumber. Certain herbs can also be juiced and then added to the warm bath water.
Dandelion Extract Baths
– Helps extract toxins, heavy metals and radiation from your skin and organs.
– Juice the whole dandelions including the root, add one litre of juice to warm bath and soak for 15-30 minutes.
2. Aromatherapy Baths
Here is wonderful and simple way to enjoy the healing powers of essential oils. While you enjoy the pleasant scents of the oils, you also allow for their healing properties to be inhaled into the lungs and diffused throughout the body. There are a multitude of beneficial effects available, simply based on the essential oil or blend of oils used in the baths. You may use calming oils to release tension, or soak in a soothing rose infused tub, or perhaps even try a uplifting blend of black pepper and juniper.
Clove Oil Baths
– This can be very effective against skin irritations that cause rashes or itchiness.
– Add up to 40 drops (for therapeutic use) of pure clove oil in warm bath and soak for 15-30 minutes.
A Note Of Caution:
Certain oils are skin irritants and should not be used in baths. Others may have contraindications with certain conditions or medications and should be avoided. Please always consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.
3. Other Wonderful Therapeutics Bath Ideas
Baking Soda Baths
– Dissolve one pound or ½ kilogram of aluminum free baking soda in bath water.
– Soak for 15-30 minutes.
Epsom Salt Baths
– Helps counteract skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and hemorrhoids. Also wonderful for muscle aches and neurological disorders.
– Soak for 45-60 minutes in luke warm bath water.
– Elevates your body temperature and helps to eliminate viruses, plus it feels fantastic!
– Dissolve 1/2 cup of pure ginger powder into bath and soak for 15 – 30 minutes.
– Re-mineralizes the body and improves skin texture.
– Add kelp (or any type of seaweed) to your bath water and soak for 15 – 30 minutes.
Sea Salt Baths
– Bring the benefits of ocean water into the comfort of your home! This bath will benefit your circulation, neurological function, skin health, as well as aid in detoxification and relaxation.
– Dissolve 5-8 cups of pure sea-salt in warm bath water and soak 15 – 30 minutes.
Get Inspired, Get Creative & Take a Bath! There is no simpler way to invigorate the skin, senses, and spirit!
An Important Note About Shower/Bath Filters:
I highly recommend having a filter installed to help prevent harmful chemicals, heavy metals and toxins to penetrate into your body during your baths. I even recommend this for a quick shower! If you can’t afford a filtration system, there are some wonderful shower filters available that simply attach to the shower head that are affordable. (you can then fill your tub through your shower filter!) Please research options and choose the best filter that you can afford for your overall health.
Latest posts by Michelle Cloutier (see all)
- Improve Your Health Immediately With Sprouts! (How To & Tips For Success) - November 7, 2014
- Vegetable Non-Fried ‘RICE’ – Its Raw, Vegan & Gluten Free. A Fall Favorite Recipe. - October 31, 2014
- 5 Amazing Ways to Avoid Adrenal Fatigue! - October 25, 2014