This amazing Vegan Chocolate Pudding is out-of-this-world delicious. I’ve tried many other vegan puddings before (usually using avocado or coconut meat as the base). As amazing as they are, they are usually quite rich and leave me feeling very full afterwards.
This pudding uses Kabocha Squash as the base. This sweet squash is amazing for creamy vegan desserts… and it’s light and fluffy so it makes a perfect pudding base! You can also use acorn squash as a great base for the recipe if kabocha squash isn’t available in your area.
Feel free to play around with the amount of sweetness you desire. Remember that the squash itself is quite sweet so you may prefer less maple syrup/coconut sugar.
This recipe was inspired by the absolutely amazing company: Vegan Pudding & Co. in Vancouver, BC. If you’re in the Vancouver area or are planning a visit I would highly recommend stopping by their pudding window in gastown!
- 2 Small Kabocha Squash (approx. 3 cups after cooking & blending)
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder or Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Cut the kabocha squash in half. Spoon out the seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Steam the squash for 20 minutes or until soft (a fork will poke through easily).
- Spoon the cooked squash out of the skin into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until the squash is a smooth consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until well combined.
- Pour liquid into small mason jars or other containers and set in fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016