It’s the time of year when the leaves change into incredible colours, the weather cools off, and we dress a little cozier. It’s also the time of year when we begin to crave warming and grounding foods. Amazingly it’s the same time that nature provides us with root vegetables, and these are perfect for helping us transition into fall.
This dish is super versatile, and all that is required is a food processor!
Root Vegetable Non-Fried ‘Rice’ Ingredients:
- 2 C Rutabaga (swedes), cubed
- 1 C Turnips, cubed
- 1 C Carrots, chopped
- 1 C Broccoli, chopped
- 1 C Zucchini, chopped
- ¾ C Celery Stalk, chopped
- ½ C Sunflower seeds, (presoaked/dehydrated)
- 1 T Dulse
- 2 T Sesame Oil
- Pinch Cayenne (optional)
- Spices as desired (optional) – ginger, turmeric, cumin, garlic, etc..
- Add everything into the food processor and process with the S-Blade until small ‘rice’ sized pieces are formed. You may have to mix it up during the process to blend it more evenly.
The ‘rice’ is delicious to eat on its own, or you can mix into a salad, squash an avocado in it for some creaminess, add it to a wrap, or even use in nori rolls!
Fun Food Facts
Turnips are super low in calories! Filling too which is a fantastic combo!
Rutabagas are a hybrid between a turnip and cabbage. It looks like a strange turnip and it’s one of my favorites!
Both of these are incredibly high in Vitamin C, which is an amazing antioxidant, an immune booster, and promotes healthy collagen, bones and circulation.
This recipe was inspired by Aaron Ash at Gorilla Foods, his ‘ryce’ bowls are amazing! So,I decided to make my own variation to enjoy at home!
Latest posts by Michelle Cloutier (see all)
- Improve Your Health Immediately With Sprouts! (How To & Tips For Success) - November 7, 2014
- Vegetable Non-Fried ‘RICE’ – Its Raw, Vegan & Gluten Free. A Fall Favorite Recipe. - October 31, 2014
- 5 Amazing Ways to Avoid Adrenal Fatigue! - October 25, 2014