Eating a salad is a super healthy thing to do and it should make us feel good.
We are making this effort to create a healthier lifestyle for ourselves and our families, gathering up beautiful leafy greens and vegetables and putting them in a bowl to nourish our bodies.
This is great! Well … until you reach for most of the commercially made salad dressing that are available. You might be surprised to see ‘Sugar’ listed (and no other details of the source of the ‘sugar’), and there is definitely a lot of Salt – just have a look at the sodium content on the nutrition label (and this is usually based on one or two tablespoons).
There are also questionable ingredients listed such as ‘spices’ which can mean anything including MSG! You’ll also find things like canola oil, yeast extract, thickeners, natural flavors, and many more that you should likely avoid for the sake of your health.
The good news is that Salad Dressings are actually super simple and quick to make! You now have total control of what you put in your salad, and keeping it healthy only makes sense.
Here’s one I made last night and it was super delicious on my big green bowl of sprouts!
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds, pre-soaked
- 1/3 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dulse
- 2/3 Cup Water
Other Optional Ingredients
To Sweeten: add 1-2 Dates (pitted) or a pinch of Stevia
Extra Zing: add 1/2″ Ginger Root (I like to sneak it into foods!)
- Please use organic, you deserve it!
- Just put everything into a blender and blend really well.
Latest posts by Michelle Cloutier (see all)
- Improve Your Health Immediately With Sprouts! (How To & Tips For Success) - November 7, 2014
- Vegetable Non-Fried ‘RICE’ – Its Raw, Vegan & Gluten Free. A Fall Favorite Recipe. - October 31, 2014
- 5 Amazing Ways to Avoid Adrenal Fatigue! - October 25, 2014