Find yourself looking for an extra energy boost in the morning? Try substituting your morning coffee with this raw, vegan, healthy alternative! Maca has become quite popular lately because of its amazing ability to enhance energy, athletic performance, memory, stamina and fertility.
Plus, Maca is AMAZING for skin health.
For this recipe I love using Brazil Nut Mylk because of its creamy smooth ‘mylky’ consistency. However, if you can’t find brazil nuts, almond milk will also make a great base for this recipe.
Brazil nuts are very high in Vitamin E, Selenium, Magnesium, and many amazing properties, including Oleic Acid, that help to lower cholesterol.
If would like to make your own homemade brazil nut mylk, simply soak 2 cups of Brazil nuts in water for 2-3 hours (or overnight), rinse, and then put in blender with 4 cups water and a dash of vanilla bean powder. You’ll probably want to run this mylk through a nut milk bag or strainer to get the creamy, smooth consistency.
Cocao Maca Cream ‘Mylk’ Shake Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups Brazil Nut Milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp Cocao Powder (or Carob Powder if you prefer)
- 2 Dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp Maca Root Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 tsp Lacuma Powder (opt.)
- 2 Ice-cubes
- Pinch of Real Sea Salt
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until smooth
Looking for more recipes like this to support skin and digestive health? Download our FREE 3 Day Glowing Skin Diet for a free 3 day mealplan to supercharge your body!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016