Wow, girl got bounce!
Have you ever wondered how to keep your precious hair healthy? Like, for REAL healthy. Not chemicals that you put on top of your hair to make it appear healthy … but naturally healthy locks of hair that literally bounce with happiness as you walk.
For years I drooled over healthy hair wishing that my greasy, super straight hair would transform into a luscious, soft, shiny locks … like Princess Jasmine in the Disney Movie, Aladdin.
Over the years I tried many things. After making diet changes that supported healthy skin, hair & nails I noticed a big improvement in my hair.
But we weren’t quite at the Princess Jasmine level I dreamed about since I was a kid.
Then I went travelling around South East Asia. I was amazed and obsessed with all the amazing natural hair remedies available. And the best news? THEY WORKED!
Do I have Princess Jasmine hair?
I’m as close as my genetics will take me and loving it.
Unfortunately our western culture has replaced these natural hair treatments with a lot of commercialized chemical products that can damage hair long term.
The key to healthy, sexy hair that bounces? A good diet and a good old fashion egg soak every now and then.
Wait. An egg soak? YES!
After just one treatment my hair was glistening and I was ready for Aladdin to show up for a moonlight magic carpet ride.
Is it easy? YES!
Is it cheap? YES!
Does it work? HECK YES!
So what is it?
Krystal’s ‘Princess Jasmine’ Hair Revival Remedy:
- 3 egg yolks (may need more depending on length and thickness of hair)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or red palm oil (red palm oil is amazing but it is very important to seek out fair trade and “
orangutan safe” options)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 litre purified, room temperature water
- Whisk the egg yolks (not whites) together with coconut oil or red palm oil.
- Prepare a second bowl with purified, room temperature water and 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Stand over the sink or bathtub and massage the egg/oil combination into your hair from the ends up to the roots.
- Once your hair is well saturated with the mixture, tie it up and wrap a plastic bag around your head.
- Let the mixture soak into your hair for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse out hair in the sink, shower or bathtub and wash as normal with shampoo.
- Submerge clean hair into the bowl of purified water and lime juice.
- Massage your hair from the ends to the roots with this lime juice rinse until for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse hair and condition as usual.
- At this point your hair should be clean. Allow to air dry if possible.
Being someone who is prone to greasy hair, I was a little nervous about using oil in my hair .. but it worked! I repeat this treatment every 2 weeks to keep my hair bouncy, shiny and strong.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! Also check out our 14 Day Liver Reset for a diet that supports healthy skin, hair & nails 🙂
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016