This Coconut Kefir Yogurt recipe is literally one of my favorite healing foods and something I get all my clients started on.
The recipe and instructions are at the bottom of this post so feel free to scroll down if you’re ready to whip this up in the kitchen. It takes 5 minutes to prep. Seriously. 5 minutes of your time to make a HUGE difference in your health.
Here are the top 5 reasons you need to start making this yogurt today.
Ummm… Its Freaking Delicious. Like seriously SO good. Often I make up batches and have extra to share with family and friends and they lose their mind. Then when I share with them how easy it was to make they lose their mind again.
Imagine all the money you have spent on probiotic pills … and then you discover that this yogurt is not only great for your health BUT its also such an easy and delicious whole food snack to incorporate into your diet.
It takes 5 Minutes To Prepare. 5 MINUTES. So, regardless of how busy you are and what time your day ends, all you need is the 3 ingredients below and a blender and you can whip up this epic probiotic dish in 5 minutes. You put it in the cupboard and completely forget about it, then …. TA-DA ! Fourteen to twenty hours later you have the most healthy type of breakfast food ready to eat. Did I mention you can make chia breakfast bombs with this yogurt? Yup, recipe coming tomorrow.
Let’s talk ‘probiotics’ for a minute. Yes, I mentioned the word probiotic above and we all love to hear that. But do we know what probiotics are? They are the good guys. The beneficial gut bacteria that we need, love and have spent many years of bad diet and lifestyle routine killing off. So now its time to get those good guys back.
The good bacteria in your gut are responsible for up to 70% of your entire immune system. WHOA. So if you are feeling sick and tired it may be the fact that you need more good bacteria in your diet. I took the probiotics pills and powders for YEARS when I was sick and I didn’t notice a single difference. As soon as I started finding ways to get fermented foods into my diet (and this yogurt recipe specifically) everything started to change for the better.
The Health Benefits Are Immediate and Powerful. Its amazing to me how quickly clients notice a difference once they start consuming this yogurt daily. Your body loves probiotics in whole-food form. It recognizes it, metabolizes it, and likely will utilize it exactly how you need it.
Some common health improve include: Proper bowel function, reduced bloating, better digestion and absorption of nutrients, reduced body inflammation, stronger immune system, elimination of acne and other skin concerns, reduction in infections (including bladder & yeast infections).
I Really Prefer This Yogurt Over The Store Bought Varieties. Why? Most yogurt brands you find at the store are pasteurized. Meaning that any bacteria cultures that were alive in the yogurt are completely eliminated in the final product. The second reason I choose to avoid the store bought yogurts is the high sugar content. Read the label the next time you consider buying yogurt from the store. Ask yourself, “is it pasteurized?”, “does it have added sugar, chemicals, fillers and preservatives?” If so, you probably want to skip the marketing magic and stick with a truly raw, unpasteurized, homemade yogurt. Just like this one!
Here’s the recipe. Oh yeah .. and a video demo to make it super easy!
Important note about THIS coconut kefir yogurt recipe: I noticed huge differences in myself and my clients as soon as we started fermenting using the Body Ecology Kefir Starter and Ecobloom (amazing prebiotic). However, if you would rather use a probiotic capsule over the Kefir Starter you can … however I challenge everyone to try the Body Ecology Kefir Starter at some point and see if you notice a difference in your body 🙂
- 2 Cups Raw Young Thai Coconut Meat (Found in the freezer section of most health food stores), defrosted
- 1/2 Package of Body Ecology Kefir Starter
- 3 Scoops of Body Ecology Ecobloom (scoop in container)
- 1.5 – 2 Cups of Filtered Water
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender on high until well combined. You want the mixture to be the same consistency as a pancake batter. Start with 1.5 cups of water and add more as needed.
2. Pour mixture into a glass container with an airtight lid and put up high in a dark cabinet. Remember to leave a bit of room at the top for expansion. It is ideal if you have a cabinet that won’t be opened often for the next 14 – 20 hours.
3. After 14 – 20 hours have passed, remove your yogurt from the cupboard and taste it. The yogurt should be sour and a little fluffier than it was when it started. The longer you ferment it, the more sour it will be. Judge based on your personal preferences.
4. Once you have completed the fermentation of your yogurt keep it in the fridge to help it last longer. Yogurt should be consumed within 5 – 7 days.
There you have it! Your own super easy, super quick, insanely healthy coconut kefir yogurt.
Check out the video below to see me demo how quickly this Coconut Kefir Yogurt can be made!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016