This is my favorite salad. It is super quick & easy to assemble, and you can change it up by simply adding an ingredient or two. It’s delicious and it always makes me feel Amazing!
I call it my ‘go-to’ salad when I’m craving something good, feeling low or simply in a hurry. Every time I eat this wonderful creation, it’s exactly what my body needs. So here we go, and please feel free to adjust the quantities to your taste.
This Salad is so magical because it contains some of the most vital and nourishing foods – Sprouts are nutrient dense living food with active enzymes that help with digestion and assimilation of foods.
- 2-3 C Sunflower sprouts
- 1-2 C Romaine or leafy greens
- 1-2 Nori Sheets (preferably raw)
- 1-2 Tbsp minimum -Sauerkraut (raw, unpasteurized)
- ½ -1 Avocado
- Chop sunflower sprouts & leafy greens then place in a large bowl.
- Tear up Nori Sheets into 1-2” pieces and add to bowl
- Add Sauerkraut into salad
- Add the Avocado and then blend it into the other ingredients, basically ‘mash’ it into the salad.
Sunflower Sprouts are one of the most balanced sources of essential amino acids, they are a complete protein in an easily digestible form. They are also an excellent source of B Vitamins that nourish our nervous system and provide us with energy.
Nori is the sweetest tasting of the sea vegetables. Sea vegetables are a great source of minerals such as calcium, iodine, iron, phosphorus and nori is also rich in Vitamin A which is essential for eyesight, growth and tissue healing.
Sauerkraut improves our digestive system and helps increase our immune cells by cleansing and enhancing our ‘good’ bacteria in our GI tract.
Avocado is full of healthy fats that is easily digested that help maintain all the body’s organs including the brain. It’s also great for healthy skin!
Latest posts by Michelle Cloutier (see all)
- Improve Your Health Immediately With Sprouts! (How To & Tips For Success) - November 7, 2014
- Vegetable Non-Fried ‘RICE’ – Its Raw, Vegan & Gluten Free. A Fall Favorite Recipe. - October 31, 2014
- 5 Amazing Ways to Avoid Adrenal Fatigue! - October 25, 2014