I love this recipe because it is versatile, delicious and quick to make! Combining pineapple with basil creates a beautiful flavor … and the ginger adds an amazing kick! It’s super simple and provides enormous health benefits for the body.
Why should you try this juice?
Pineapple: Fresh pineapple is an amazing source of the enzyme bromelain, which has been shown in studies to alleviate joint pain, arthritis, reduce inflammation & bloat, inhibit tumor growth and aid in tissue regeneration.
Basil: The amazing oils found in basil provide symptomatic relief for individuals with inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions (IBS). The antibacterial properties in basil oil have also been studied extensively as a natural bacterial defense.
Ginger: This amazing food has been used throughout history as a natural digestive aid. Ginger contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds called ‘gingerols’, which aid in symptomatic relief of osteoporosis and other inflammatory conditions.
Consuming this powerful beverage has an immediate effect on your feelings of health, well-being and happiness. It’s great to share with family and friends at an outdoor picnic! To jazz the recipe up for the summer months, we suggest shaking it on ice with sparkling water, mint and a lime.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1/2 a pineapple (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 – 2 thumbs fresh ginger
1. Wash all ingredients and put through a juicer. May serve as is, or mix with ice, sparkling water and lime. (Be careful not to shake up the mixture after adding sparkling water).
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016