Let’s talk about my absolutely favorite organ – THE LIVER! The cleanser of blood, the reducer of inflammation, the renewal source of energy, the metabolizer of hormones and the KEY organ in my healing journey.
One of the hardest questions I’m asked is, “What did you do to get better?”. Was it one single thing? Or an accumulation of a number of things that finally gave my body the chance to heal and renew?
Looking back on it, I know that my liver was a huge part of what was making me SICK. Like, really sick.
So whether its just a quick “post night out get rid of my hangover” liver boost you’re looking for, or a more thorough full liver renewal I would start with looking at what you’re eating. And if you don’t know what to feed your poor little liver start here!
This smoothie is packed with insanely awesome foods that support a deep cleansing and purifying of the liver. Whoop whoop!
- 3/4 Cup Red Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Dandelion Leaves, lightly packed
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple
- 1 Small Lemon, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, chopped (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Special Note: As your enjoying the smoothie, take the time to swish the drink in your mouth and “chew” to activate the enzymes in your body! And check out our programs for more great recipes like this!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016