Having a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in the finer things … like COOKIES!
I was so excited by the flavor and texture of these cookies. The final cookie had everything I love about a traditional shortbread cookie … with the added ZING from the twist of lime. Tastebuds, you are welcome!
I used raw, pre-soaked & dehydrated almonds from www.realrawfood.com. Soaking the almonds removes the enzyme inhibitor that can sometimes slow digestion. If you don’t want to order pre-soaked almonds feel free to soak and dry them yourself (or buy the best quality almond you can find and don’t worry about soaking them).
I really want to try this recipe again using the almond meal left over from making our homemade almond milk. I love finding good use for the leftover almond meal!
- 3 Cups Organic Almonds
- 4 Tbsp Agave Nectar, Raw Honey, Maple Syrup (or other whole food sweetener)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Lime Zest (grate the skin of the lime to get the zest!)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (plus extra for sprinkles)
- Process almonds in a food processor until flour consistency.
- Add all the remaining ingredients until dough-like.
- Form dough into a large ball and roll out on a teflex sheet into 0.5 cm thickness.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Cut into desired shapes and place in a dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 8 – 12 hours (or until crisp).
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016