I love having fun with traditional recipes – and this one is amazing! Adding a little kale to this guacamole recipe is a perfect way to increase your daily intake of leafy greens.
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- Rind of 1 lime (finely grated)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced and let to sit for 5 minutes to activate the Alicin)
- 5-6 kale stalks (cut into 3 inch lengths)
- ¼ Red onion (finely diced)
- 1 jalepeno pepper (optional)
- Dash sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend on high until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with avocado oil (I just love this stuff!), garnish with cilantro and serve with red beet slices or your favorite tortilla chips!
As a newbie blogger, I am here to let you know we are not alone in our struggles, challenges or successes. Everyone has a story. Regardless of setbacks we are powerful human beings, capable of achieving greatness. So may we rise up, and walk this road together.
Latest posts by Katie Israelson (see all)
- Collard Green Taco Party (With Beluga Lentils and Baked Chili Yams) - February 7, 2016
- This “Mango Chicken Curry” could help keep your chronic inflammation at bay… - February 3, 2016
- Naturally Heal Your Gut With This Chili Black Bean Soup - January 16, 2016