Avocado is at the top of my list of favorite foods. Avocados have more amino acids than any other fruit and contain healthy fats and nutrients that are essential to skin & joint health.
Include more avocados in your diet and you’ll start to notice the luscious skin glow that comes from eating those healthy ‘good’ fats.
Bonus fact: Basil (included in this smoothie) is a natural mood enhancer that promotes a calm state of mind and a feeling of overall well-being.
Quite often I’m asked how I was able to take my skin from a place of horrible cystic acne, scarring and discoloration to the glowing state it is now. Sure, there’s always room for more improvement, but it has come a LONG way and continues to get better thanks to healthy eating and green smoothies like this one!
This smoothie is one of my favorites from the free Glowing Skin Diet e-book our team put together. Combining basil, lime & avocado creates a smooth and delicious flavor that leaves you feeling full and satisfied.
Also – check out the video at the bottom of this page for a live demonstration of how I make this smoothie!
- 4 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lime, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado (approx. 1/2 a large avocado)
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 cups water (or more as needed)
- Wash and prep all ingredients. If dates are hard soak for 5-10 mins in water and drain before use.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. If necessary, add more water until desired consistency is reached.
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Free Health Challenge: 30 Days Of Healthy Habits! - September 28, 2017
- Improve Your Liver Function with these 7 Easy Steps! - April 24, 2017
- Bloated Belly? Here’s how to get rid of Gas and Bloating Fast. - May 30, 2016